Turn off useless forum notifications

These system-generated notifications clutter the inbox and do not serve any purpose:

Is it possible to turn them off?

I thank you for spending time with me.

1 Like

You can turn off those in your settings. I just reviewed mine. I was somehow tracking all posts that I have entered…

1 Like

Discourse by default has a kind of a gamification system that lets you earn badges as well as some notifications when you first start engaging on a Forum. These quite provably increase engagement and help retain users.

You can change your preferences in the profile settings for many of these things and you can check what badges there are, how many you have and how many have been awarded to users in general.

https://shutterdao.discourse.group/badges

We could also consider changing these, turning them off, and/or creating new ones like “Post your first proposal” etc.

Same for me, all the categories are set to Watching by default, ended going through all of them.

2 Likes

Before there were 5 categories that were automatically set to Watching, I have changed the default settings so that now Announcements and DAO Votes are set to Watching.

All categories have never been set to Watching by default and that has now been reduced. No defaults are set for Tracking. And these can be changed under your profile settings.

5 Likes